RAGE IN THE CITY TERMS & CONDITIONS
● By purchasing a ticket or pass to Rage In The City, you agree to be bound by these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations. Rage In The City is owned and provided by G and G Events and Functions (Pty) Ltd.
● Any references to “we” and “our” are references to “G and G Events and Functions (Pty) Ltd”.
2. Age Restriction
● Rage In The City is strictly for persons over the age of 18. Due to liquor license rules and regulations, we will not allow entry to any person under the age of 18 and will take all reasonable endeavours to enforce this rule.
● If you purchase a ticket or passport (hereinafter referred to as a “Ticket”) using false identification or identification that does not belong to you, your Ticket will be revoked and you risk losing any potential refund of the price of the Ticket.
● Having a Ticket does not guarantee you entrance into any Rage In The City venue and valid identification will be requested at all entry points. Please consult our FAQs for acceptable forms of identification. Failure to provide proof of identification will result in you being denied access to Rage Festival venues and we will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for refunding you your entrance fee/s.
3. Your Ticket (Rage In The City Passport / NFC Bracelet)
● You are solely responsible to hold on to your Ticket and to take all necessary steps to ensure that your Ticket is kept secure at all times during the duration of the festival. You undertake to immediately inform us if you your Ticket is lost, stolen, damaged or is likely to be used by an unauthorised person.
● All registered, valid, and activated Tickets must be scanned upon entering all official Rage In The City venues.
● G and G and/or official ticket sellers reserve the right to verify your identity upon entering a Rage In The City venue. If you do not possess a valid form of identification, you will be denied admission into the Rage In The City venue/s, and will not be entitled to a refund of the entrance fee/s. Only original South African ID books/cards, driver’s license cards or state issued passports will be accepted as valid forms of identification. No certified copies of identity documents will be accepted unless by prior arrangement with G and G.
● We will send you a registration email which will need to be completed in order to finalise your profile registration and Ticket delivery details.
● If your Ticket is lost or stolen, you will not be entitled to a refund of the entrance fee.
● All Tickets purchased after the 1st of November 2019 may need to be validated and collected at the ticket office.
● Tickets to Rage In The City may only be purchased by the following means:-
● from our website, rageinthecity.co.za
● the Rage In The City App; or
● via an official Rage In The City agent’s link.
● If you are in possession of a Ticket obtained through any other means, including but not limited to different channels, third party websites or by evading, in any way, the procedure prescribed in the registration link that provides access to the Ticket, you will be denied entry into Rage In The City.
● After the personalisation or registration period, you will not be able to change the name or address linked to the Ticket. If the name on your Ticket does not correspond with the name on your proof of identification, you will be refused entry into the festival venues.
● If your Ticket cannot be delivered to you due to any reason whatsoever, the shipping costs of the Ticket will not be refunded to you.
● Selling a Pass
● Please note that scalping or reselling of Tickets is illegal and not allowed. However, we may allow you to resell your Ticket, provided that your Ticket is sold at the same price you purchased it for and G and G has provided its written consent for you to sell your Ticket. To obtain written permission from G and G to resell your Ticket, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will notify you how to go about selling your Ticket. Please note: if you do not obtain our written consent to resell your Ticket, we have the right to invalidate your Ticket without further notice.
● Tickets may only be exchanged via our official ticketing provider, Howler. You will be denied admission to the Rage In The City in the event that your Ticket was resold without our prior written consent. G and G and/or its official ticket seller reserve the right to cancel Tickets if they were purchased illegally or fraudulently via third parties and to institute legal action for any damages we may incur and recover any cancellation costs from you.
● We reserve the right to cancel your order in the event that a different number of Tickets are ordered. In such a case, we will refund you the purchase price, after deducting an administration fee of 10% of the purchase price.
● You may cancel your Ticket and request a refund of the purchase price of your Ticket provided that your Ticket has not been delivered or collected. Any refund request thereafter will incur a cancellation charge, dependant on when the refund is requested. Cancellation may be done at any time prior to the day before the commencement date of the Rage Festival, by sending a cancellation notice to email@example.com
● Once the details of your booking have been reinserted into the system, you will be refunded the face value you paid for your Ticket. You may however be liable for cancellation charges as determined by us, which may be deducted from your refund. The following cancellation charges will apply:-
● If the cancellation occurs more than 30 days prior to the event, a 25% cancellation fee will apply;
● If the cancellation occurs less than 30 but more than 7 days prior to the event, a 50% cancellation fee will apply;
● If the cancellation occurs less than 7 days prior to the event, a 75% cancellation fee will apply.
● In the event that you provide us with documentary proof that you are unable to attend the Rage In The City due to incapacity or a death in your family, we will not levy a cancellation fee in respect of your Ticket.
4. Your Attendance and Behaviour at Rage In The City
● If you wish to enter a Rage In The City venue, you must have your personalised or registered Ticket validated upon arrival. You will be searched by security personnel before being allowed admission into any of the Rage In The City venues.
● Inspection at the Rage In The City gates will be in accordance with the applicable laws as prescribed by the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act No. 2 of 2010.
● Security personnel, of the same sex as you, may request you to be subjected to a thorough pat down and/or search of your clothes and luggage in order to intercept banned objects. If any banned objects are found in your possession, the security personnel will be entitled to confiscate the object/s and refuse you admission into the festival venues.
● Security personnel ALWAYS have the final say, no exceptions.
● At Rage In The City venues, you will not be allowed to:-
● Enter zones to which your admission ticket does not allow you admission to (comfort zone, press areas, backstage, VIP areas etc);
● Climb on tents, constructions, fences, light bridges, benches or any other structures on-site;
● Block entrances, exits and/or emergency exits;
● Disguise yourself in order to make you unrecognisable with the intention to disturb the peace or put the safety of the other festival goers at risk;
● Sell food, drinks or other products without our prior written permission and allocated permits;
● Throw or shoot objects in solid, liquid or gas form;
● Smoke in non-smoking areas;
● Urinate and/or defecate in public;
● Wear full facial coverings (masks, morph suits, etc);
● Park a vehicle without an official parking sticker issued by us. In such instances, vehicles may be towed at the owner’s expense;
● Tear down, break, damage and/or trash decorations;
● Make fires; or
● Crowd surf;
This list is not exhaustive and if you are found to be behaving in a manner not permissible by us, we reserve the right to expel you or handed over to the police.
● Wearing texts, symbols, objects, clothes and/or other (visible) external expressions explicitly representing a political, social movement or group is prohibited. Anything hinting at discrimination, hate speech, incitement or racism is strictly prohibited.
● Permitted Objects
The following objects are permitted in/at Rage In The City venues:-
● Guide dogs if you are visually challenged;
● Disposable or compact photo cameras;
● Telescopic umbrellas without pins (no parasols);
● Sun screen, cosmetic products, deodorant in containers up to 100ml;
● Refreshers/vaporisers, small back packs and other bags; and
● ‘Selfie-sticks’, with a maximum length of 1 meter in extended position and solely intended for taking pictures.
The following objects are not permitted to enter Rage In The City venues:-
● Any sharp or pointed metal object which can reasonably be considered to be a dangerous weapon;
● Any dangerous weapon as contemplated in section 1 of the Dangerous Weapons Act No. 63 of 1968;
● Tear gas, mace, or similar airborne chemical agent as contemplated in Section 1 of the Tear-Gas Act No. 16 of 1964 or similar airborne chemical or organic agents such as pepper spray;
● Narcotics or other mind-altering substances (other than those prescribed by a registered medical practitioner);
● Animals (other than guide dogs);
● Own food or drinks;
● Any glass, plastic or metal food, beverage or condiment receptacle;
● Old South African flags;
● Banners or flags whose content can reasonably be considered to be vulgar, racist, sexist, discriminatory, inflammatory and/or offensive;
● Lasers or similar potentially disruptive light emitting or light reflective/refractive devices or objects;
● Any chemical which can reasonably be considered to be hazardous to a person attending Rage In The City;
● Fireworks, flares or any similar highly flammable incendiary device or object;
● Any device or object which can reasonably be considered to be disruptive to festival goers at Rage In The City;
● Projectiles or explosives in solid, liquid or gas form;
● Deodorant or perfume in large bottles or containers (over 100ml);
● walking sticks (medical crutches and devices accepted with medical practitioner’s note); and
● Any other object, including but not limited to umbrellas, parasols, camera tripods which the appointed security personnel may decide pose a risk to the other the festival goers.
● Zero Tolerance to Drugs
● G and G and all venue partners maintain a zero tolerance to drugs of any kind!
● Admission to the Rage In The City venues is prohibited or may be refused or denied (without entitlement to a refund of the entrance fee) if you, inter alia:-
● Are under the influence of alcohol or any other prohibited substance which has a narcotic effect;
● Are in possession of or dealing in drugs;
● Were previously refused admission to other events;
● Shows behaviour which manifestly hints at an intention to disturb the peace or to provoke, enact violence, hate, rage, etc.;
● Put the lives or wellbeing of other festival goers at risk;
● Are in possession of banned objects;
● Refuse to be searched by security personnel; or
● Refuse or fail to abide by these Terms.
● FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE GENERAL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN YOUR ADMISSION BEING REFUSED OR DENIED, OR IN YOU BEING EXPELLED, WITHOUT ANY REFUND OF THE ENTRANCE FEE. IF YOU ARE REFUSED OR DENIED ADMISSION OR ARE EXPELLED, YOU WILL BE OBLIGED TO VACATE THE RAGE FESTIVAL VENUE WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT.
● By purchasing a Ticket, you automatically consent to being photographed, filmed or otherwise recorded and for the resulting images and/or recordings to used or broadcast by G and G and/or its partners. We may use these images and/or recordings for promotional and/or commercial purposes related to Rage In The City without any compensation being paid to you.
● Rage In The City venues are under constant CCTV surveillance in order to maintain and enforce safety at the festival grounds, and to monitor and prevent crimes being committed and/or breaches of these Terms.
● You may not use any images and/or recordings made by you at the Rage In The City for commercial or publicity purposes without our prior written consent.
● To ensure public order and safety during Rage In The City, you are obliged to obey our instructions and directions and/or those of our authorised representatives at the festival venues.
● For safety reasons G and G reserves the right to:-
● interrupt or discontinue Rage In The City at any given time;
● prevent you going into festival venues or from leaving festival venues until further notice;
● ask you to leave festival venues; or
● refuse you admission into festival venues, even if you possess a valid Ticket.
7. Cancellation or Rescheduling
● We reserve the right at any time to cancel or reschedule all or part of Rage In The City, or to alter its programme, due to circumstances beyond our control. Where we alter its programme, your ticket will remain valid but we shall not be obligated to refund you the price of your ticket or exchange your ticket.
● If Rage In The City is rescheduled or cancelled, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as possible by publishing the details thereof on our website and to email and sms you on the contact details you provided at the time of purchasing your ticket.
● WE SHALL NOT BE OBLIGATED TO REFUND YOU THE PURCHASE PRICE OF YOUR TICKET IN CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE RAGE FESTIVAL IS CANCELLED DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
● By attending the Rage In The City, you expressly agree that such attendance is at your own risk. We endeavour to provide a service of the highest quality but cannot guarantee the quality of any services provided by independent contractors at the various venues. There may be occasions when services may be interrupted due to strikes, riots, emergency repairs, technical failures or other reasons beyond our control, including force majeure.
● G AND G PROVIDES THE RAGE FESTIVAL AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE FESTIVAL OR ITS OPERATION, OR ANY SERVICES OFFERED AT FESTIVAL.
● G AND G ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE YOU MAY SUFFER BY ANY PERSON AT THE RAGE FESTIVAL. BY CONTINUING TO ATTEND THE VARIOUS RAGE FESTIVAL EVENTS, YOU ARE DEEMED TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS.
9. Limitation of Liability
● To the full extent permitted by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, G and G disclaims all warranties and representations, express or implied.
● You acknowledge that we do not control the activities of the artist/s who appear at Rage In The City and accordingly we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage of any kind, resulting from any delay in, overrun or cancellation of an artist’s performance. We will not be responsible for any special, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive consequential damages, economic or other commercial loss or reputational damage that you may endure by attending the Rage In The City. Your remedy is limited to leaving the Rage In The Cityl
● G and G will be liable for damages suffered by you if they are directly and solely caused by our gross negligence or fraud.
● Excluded from compensation is:-
● Consequential damages;
● Immaterial damages; and
● Damage intentionally caused by a festival goer or as a result of his/her wilful negligence.
● You will attend Rage In The City at your own risk. We do not accept any liability whatsoever for damage caused by you entering a venue and/or attending a concert which results in your personal injury, death or damage to your personal property.
● G and G shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident howsoever caused owing from the act, omission, fault or negligence of any suppliers or subcontractors, including but not limited to security personnel, engaged in carrying out contractual arrangements for us at Rage Festival.
● You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless G and G and its owners, employees and agents against any costs, claims, suits, proceedings, disputes, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against G and G as a result of your acts and/or omissions at the Rage In The City, violation of any third party right, violation of any laws and regulations, any misrepresentation made by you or any other person or persons or your breach or alleged breach of these Terms.
11. Breach of Terms
● If you breach any of these Terms, G and G reserves the right to restrict or deny you access to all or any part of the Rage In The City.
12. Amendment to Terms
● G and G reserves the right to amend or modify these Terms at any time and at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice. Please ensure you review our Terms on a regular basis to ensure you have read the latest version. Your continued attendance at Rage In The City following changes to these Terms implies that you have consented to those changes.
● The Terms were last updated in February 2017.
13. Termination of the Rage Festival and Terms
● G and G shall be entitled without notice to terminate these Terms at its sole and absolute discretion and reserves the right to modify or discontinue all or any part of the Rage In The City and to restrict or prohibit you access to it at any time, without liability to you or any other person.
● Upon termination, all rights granted to you in respect of these Terms will immediately cease.
14. Choice of Law
● The Laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these Terms.
● In the event of a dispute of these Terms, any competent division of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa will have jurisdiction.
● In the event that any provisions of these Terms is found to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable by any competent authority, such provision shall be severed and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
15. Complaints and Disputes
● All complaints and disputes regarding the Rage In The City may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Your complaint will be dealt with in a reasonable period of time after receipt thereof and where necessary you may be called upon to provide satisfactory evidence.
● G and G respects your privacy and will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes if you request us not to do so. By purchasing a Ticket to the Rage In The City, you consent to the processing of your personal information for promotional and commercial purposes and warrant that all data provided by you is accurate and up to date. You are responsible for maintaining and promptly updating account information for accuracy and completeness.
● If you object to your personal information being used for promotional and commercial purposes, you may submit, at no cost, a written request to us to stop this use.
● You may not cede, assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations in terms of these Terms to any third party.
● No variation, addition, deletion, or agreed cancellation of these Terms will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
● No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party (the “grantor”) may show, grant or allow to the other (the “grantee”) shall constitute a waiver by the grantor of any of the grantor’s rights and the grantor shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
● These Terms contain the whole agreement between you and G and G and no other warranty, representation or undertaking is valid, unless contained in this document.
● Any failure on you or G and G to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
● The headings used in these Terms are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
● Name: G and G Events and Functions (Pty) Ltd
● Registration Number: 2016/049124/07
● Address: 7 Buckingham Avenue, Craighall Park, 2196, South Africa
● Website: rageinthecity.co.za
● Email address: email@example.com
● Telephone: +27 11 326 3961